This product has been replaced by a newer model, see Elinor² 12×50
- The Optical Hardware Elinor series is designed to give exceptional clarity and brightness. The traditional style body has a high quality feel and rugged build with large easy to operate focus wheel and dioptre adjustment. Designed for the outdoors the range are fully waterproof and nitrogen filled to prevent fogging of the optics.
- The 12x magnification is high power and an ideal model for aviation, ships and observation. This model is designed to give high clarity, wide field of view and a natural well balanced image (true to life colour due to fully multicoated optics).
- The quality and brightness of this model makes it suitable for some applications where a 12x would normally be considered too powerful.
- High Resolution BAK4 prisms ensure a brighter image throughout the range of magnifications by maximising light transmission. Efficient use of the light gathered is particularly important at high magnifications where images appear darker or for applications were colour identification is essential. The traditional porro prism designed gives higher quality images when compared to roof prism or compact (reverse) porro prism designs in the same price range.
- Long eye relief makes these binoculars ideal for spectacle wearers. It enables users wearing glasses to view the entire field of view as the binocular image is projected further out of the exit pupil. This model features twist eyecups for comfort and durability. The quality of the image produced by these binoculars is such that you could use it for applications that would normally require a higher magnification and it compares favourably to binoculars more than double its normal retail price.